** If you'd like to purchase just the manual separately, click here.
** If you'd like to purchase just the toolkit separately, click here.
If you are a dietitian in private practice or considering going into private practice, learning to navigate the complex and ever-changing world of business is essential to your success. You will need a comprehensive manual to assist in the planning, implementing and sustaining of your own thriving dietetic-based business. Dietitians in Private Practice: A Guide for the Consultant, Fifth Edition (2023) is your solution.
This step-by-step guide is ideal for dietitians considering a private practice, yet also invaluable for those with an established business looking to promote growth and cultivate new challenges. Covering the complete cycle of a business from start-up to its full potential, this newly expanded edition is subdivided into nine sections brimming with helpful topics such as:
- The foundation: All the steps to take in starting up your own business
- Legal and business considerations: Registration to incorporation & liability
- Business and financial considerations: Taxes to financial planning
- Establishing and solidifying your reputation: Marketing and promoting yourself, negotiating contracts, networking
- Consulting opportunities in health care facilities, business, industry and beyond
- The role of ethics
- Essential technology tools – Internet jargon defined, dietetics online, recommended software, website development
- Online marketing and social media – Tips to make a top-notch traffic driving website, lead magnets, email marketing, effective social media strategies
- Branching out your business – Publishing a book, product development, teaching, media work
- Complete with insightful resources and tips to enhance your efficiency, suggested readings and a self-evaluation quiz, this indispensable manual also offers an in-depth toolkit providing samples of business forms, business plan proposals, media releases, financial spreadsheets and much more.
What’s new for the fifth edition?
- Brand new layout and format!
- Profiles, hot topics, and testimonials of entrepreneurial dietitians from across Canada offering insights and personalized advice to help you succeed.
- New sections written by industry experts on developing a niche business, tele-counseling, online marketing, and social media.
- A toolkit including over 100 updated and simplified templates to get your business up and running.
- Index allowing for easy navigation of all your favourite topics!
Regular Price: $250
Members of the Consulting Dietitians Network: $197
Please visit the Consulting Dietitians Network website and go to "links" to view the discount code or contact the network chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.