Dietitians of Canada’s Nutrition Screening course provides an evidence-based, self-paced program that provides an in-depth discussion of what nutrition screening is, sample tools for use in various practice settings, and decision-making frameworks that help you select the right tool for the right situation. The program provides a balance of background information, current research and practical information.
Originally developed by Dr. Heather Keller, PhD, RD, FDC nutritional epidemiologist and dietitian with research expertise in nutrition risk screening, assessment and nutrition intervention and a National Advisory Committee of experienced dietitians and researchers, the course has been extensively reviewed and updated Autumn 2018. While the main audience for this program is dietitians, anyone interested in developing a nutrition screening program will find this course valuable.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Define mal/undernutrition and understand how this definition leads to what is included in screening tools
- Describe the complexity of identifying a definition for malnutrition and how this affects development of screening tools
- Understand how screening fits into nutrition care
- Describe key steps in the development of good nutrition screening tools
- Be able to critique if a tool is appropriate for their practice setting
- Identify if screening is appropriate for their setting and the form of screening that could be undertaken
- Differentiate a screening tool from a screening program
- Describe the components of an ethical screening program
- Formulate an implementation and evaluation plan for their practice setting.
This 4 module course includes the following features:
- Extensive evidence review updated to 2018 and specific practice guidance.
- Case studies and reflection activities to facilitate understanding and application of the course content.
- Extensive bibliography and links to further resources.
- End of course exam.
- A personal certificate of successful completion.
This course is estimated to take about 8 hours to complete. The certificate of completion will indicate 6.0 Credit Hours once you have successfully completed the program.
DC Members: $105.00
DC Students: $52.50
Your purchase entitles you to unlimited access to course materials for 90 days from the date you register. You may purchase a 30-day extension here.
Contact email@example.com for more details on how to purchase this course for more than one person. Discounted rates are available for groups of students, stagiaires and interns.