This session will inspire dietitians and trainees by highlighting the advances in malnutrition care and recently created evidence-based best practices pathways and policies that can be implemented in primary and acute care. Over the past 12 years, CMTF has demonstrated the gaps in malnutrition care, developed innovations and resources to improve hospital nutrition care and has conducted research to demonstrate the effectiveness of these processes. This evidence was the basis for the new Health Standards Organization Malnutrition Prevention, Detection and Treatment Standard for acute care. Advancing Malnutrition Care is a new initiative that promotes scaling of this work by using a mentor-champion model. Learn how your hospital can be involved in this program.
- Cite recent advances in malnutrition care and resources that have been developed to guide practice.
- Translate awareness of tools and best practices into intention for practice change.
- Select implementation strategies to change practice with respect to malnourished patients.
Date of presentation: September 15, 2022, DC National Conference
Speakers: Heather Keller, RD, PhD, FDC, FCAHS and Roseann Nasser, RD, MSc, FDC, CNSC
- Video presentation (1 hour 15 min)
- Handout (pdf)
- Audio file (mp3 file)
- $9.95 for students
- $19.95 for members
- $39.95 for non-DC members