This presentation is “food for thought” on the complex issues around food sustainability and discusses how horticulture (particularly urban horticulture) may play an important role in shaping a more sustainable food future.
After this presentation, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe horticultural ecosystem services;
- Explain how horticultural ecosystem services can support sustainable food production.
This session was pre-recorded for DC's National Conference 2022.
Date of Presentation: July 2022
Speaker: Kate Congreves, PhD, Associate Professor in the Department of Plant Sciences and a Sustainability Faculty Fellow at the University of Saskatchewan
- Video presentation (45 minutes)
- Presentation slides as a PDF + research article
- Audio file (mp3 file)
- DC members - $19.95
- DC student members - $9.95
- Non-DC members - $39.95