The recent shift beyond the profit-driven economy of the past to the purpose-driven economy of today, reveals an opportunity for food and nutritional health professionals to redefine food and rediscover its purpose. This keynote presentation will offer a deep dive into the purpose-driven economy, the need for social justice, and will explore solutions on how food companies and dietitians can become leaders for positive change.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify opportunities and ideas to change the current food system and/or their practice/business to improve the health of Canadians;
- Incorporate purpose-led leadership mindset into your practice/business/community; and
- Start a dialogue and lend your voice to shaping the future of food locally, nationally and globally.
This session was part of the DC National Conference 2021.
Date of Presentation: June 30, 2021, DC National Conference
Speaker: Laurie Curry, MBA, MS, FDC, RD
- Video presentation (1 hour 51 min) including CFDR Lightning Round Research Presentation
- Handout (pdf)
- Audio file (mp3 file)
BONUS! This presentation comes with a CFDR Lightning Round Research Presentation:
Employment and education experience of dietetic graduates from 2015-2020
Speaker: Susan Caswell, PhD(c)
- $19.95 for DC members
- $39.95 for non-DC members
- $9.95 for DC student members