Antiracism needs to be on the menu as dietetic professionals work with diverse populations in Canada. How can we make discomfort palatable and diversity more than a one day special? Join a racialized dietetic professional sharing her experience of doing anti-racism education and insight from racialized dietitians in Canada to inform anti-racist dietetic practice.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Develop agency to address microaggressions, bias and racism in the dietetics profession;
- Design anti-racism dietetic approaches to increase diversity, equity and inclusion from the classroom to workplace for educators, students and dietetic professionals; and
- Assemble collective advocacy to further research and education to inform anti-racist dietetic practice in Canada.
This session was part of the DC National Conference 2021.
Date of Presentation: June 30, 2021, DC National Conference
Speaker: Gurneet Dhami, Msc Candidate
- Video presentation (1 hour 20 min)
- Handout (pdf)
- Audio file (mp3 file)
- $9.95 for students
- $19.95 for members
- $39.95 for non-DC members