The internet and mobile technology are transforming physical, communication and social domains of the food environment. This session will explore emerging digital food environments and their effect on public access to food online, exposure to digital nutrition information, and how social media influences eating practices.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain how the Internet and mobile technology are transforming the food environment;
- Identify challenges of working within digital food environments; and
- Identify opportunities for practitioners to support healthy eating within digital food environments.
This session was part of the DC National Conference 2021.
Date of Presentation: June 16, 2021, DC National Conference
Speaker: Melissa Fernandez, PhD, RD
- Video presentation (1 hour 36 min) including CFDR Lightning Round Research Presentation
- Handout (pdf)
- Audio file (mp3 file)
BONUS! This presentation comes with a CFDR Lightning Round Research Presentation:
Transitioning tradition: the potential for online culinary workshops for children aged 9-11 years old
Speaker: Meighan Kennedy, MSc(c)
- $19.95 for DC members
- $39.95 for non-DC members
- $9.95 for DC student members