Picky eating is a common, yet challenging concern for families to navigate. This session will reconceptualize the understanding of picky eating and provide practical strategies for dietitians to help families develop life-long healthy eating habits through interactive case studies.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the bi-directional parent-child interactions that occur during feeding and the implications of this approach on the nutritional assessment of picky eaters;
- Identify practical tips for supporting picky eaters through responsive feeding; and
- Increase their confidence in developing plans to support families while reducing mealtime stress by working through interactive case studies.
This session was part of the DC National Conference 2021.
Date of Presentation: May 19, 2021, DC National Conference
- Kathryn Walton, PhD, RD
- Maude Perreault, PhD, RD
- Video presentation (1 hour 25 min) including CFDR Lightning Round Research Presentation
- Handout (pdf)
- Audio file (mp3 file)
BONUS! This presentation comes with a CFDR Lightning Round Research Presentation:
Nutrition and Tooth Decay in Children: A Qualitative Study of Caregiver Experiences and Perspectives
Speaker: Janine Rover de Mello, RD (Brazil), MSc(c)
- $19.95 for DC members
- $39.95 for non-DC members
- $9.95 for DC student members