This webinar was hosted by DC's Consulting Dietitians Network (CDN) on May 15, 2020 and speakers agreed to share the recording on Learning on Demand. If you are a CDN member, you have access to this recording for free on the Network portal.
Learning objectives for the presentation:
- Acknowledge current evidence for the remission of type 2 diabetes and outline the current position of international diabetes organizations on the role of carbohydrate restriction in managing diabetes.
- Discuss the key components of an evidence-based, well-formulated, carbohydrate restricted dietary approach including key safety factors that must be taken into account when using carbohydrate restriction.
- Review the current gaps in knowledge and competency related to carbohydrate restriction as identified by Canadian dietitians.
- Outline evidence-based training, tools and resources for carbohydrate restriction currently available to Canadian dietitians.
- Review how dietitians are a vital member of the interdisciplinary team, especially with food-first approaches to help achieve remission of diabetes and chronic disease.
- Consider RD experiences using carbohydrate restriction in practice.
Speakers: Michelle Shepherd BSc, RD and Eliana Witchell, MSc, RD (both speakers are private practice dietitians and they use carbohydrate restriction in their practice as one of many approaches in their toolbox)
- Video presentation (61 minutes)
- Handout of the presentation (pdf)
- Audio file (Mp3)
- $19.95 for members
- $39.95 for non-members
- $9.95 for student members