At meetings and conferences of dietitians, our speakers have encountered many questions about career development. “Where do I begin?” “Is this what all jobs are like?” “How do I develop skills to move to another area of practice?” “Is management a good fit for me?” “When is it time to retire?” While many answers are possible, the key point is that dietitians are seeking growth opportunities.
In this session, Gerry Kasten and Laurie Wadsworth will foster critical career-path analysis and explore the development of a satisfying career by dietitians making their way through the career garden, noting that there is no single path traveled by all members.
As the process unfolds, they hope you will:
- recognize supports available for planning a satisfying career path;
- build connections amongst each other to strengthen capacity for career development, and optimize mentorship dynamics; and
- participate in broader conversations amongst members who recognize that many others have similar career concerns.
Date of Presentation: July 29, 2020, DC Virtual Conference
Hosts: Consulting Dietitians Network and Student Networ
- Gerry Kasten MSc, RD, FDC
- Laurie Wadsworth PhD, PDt, FDC
- Video presentation (1 hour 15 min)
- Audio file (mp3 file)
- Additional Readings Handout (PDF)
Cost: $19.95 for members; $39.95 for non-members; $9.95 for students